MONDAY, AUGUST 26, 2019
3 PM – 5:30 PM
Florida Community Development Legal (FCDL) Project Office Hours
The Florida Community Development Legal (FCDL) Project is a collaboration of several Legal Aid/Legal Services programs throughout the state of Florida: Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc., Legal Aid Service of Broward County, Inc., Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida, Inc., Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Inc., Legal Services of North Florida, Inc., and Bay Area Legal Services, Inc.
Our Attorneys have significant experience in all aspects of (i) affordable housing and community development, (ii) non-profit formation and training, and (iii) small business creation and representation. FCDL Project Attorneys represent clients throughout Florida.
Our Clients are non-profit affordable housing developers, non-profits that provide vital community services for low to moderate income neighborhoods, and small businesses owned by low to moderate income individuals that serve low to moderate income neighborhoods.
We provide legal representation regarding the following services:
- Contract/commercial lease negotiation assistance and general contract drafting
- Joint venture and partnership agreement assistance
- Dispute resolution assistance
- Non-profit/ Small business formation
- Bylaws, articles of incorporation, and any amendments
- 501 c(3) tax exempt status
- Assistance with tax exemption issues
- Board training and general legal advice
- Representation before administrative agencies
- Financing Transactions
- Tax Credits: Low Income Housing Tax Credits & Community Contribution Tax Credits
If you would like to become one of our Clients, we will be having office intake hours on Monday, August 26, from 3 pm to 5pm. You will be able to speak with one of our Attorneys to see if you qualify for our legal representation.